Saturday, May 20, 2006

Day 26

Day 26 – Saturday May 19th

 A – Today’s reading of the day is James Chapter 1 (21st Century King James Version for me this last time through)
           
Focal verse today is James 1:6 & 23-24 “But let him ask in faith, never wavering; for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.  For if any be a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a mirror; for he beholdeth himself, and then goeth his way and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.”

B – RHEMA Strike Verse of the day: 1 Kings 2:2 “I am going the way of all the earth.  Be strong therefore, and show yourself a man.”      (Manhood/White)

C – Excerpt from “Wild at Heart” by John Eldridge:
“You must ask God what he thinks of you, and you must stay with the question until you have an answer.  The battle will get fierce here.  This is the last thing the Evil One wants you to know.”

D – Today’s input:  What is Perseverance?  Webster says “to continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition”.  I looked in the thesaurus also and one of the words was “pluck”.  I was thinking what in the world does perseverance have to do with pluck.  Then it hit me!  It’s got nothing to do with “in the world”.  It’s got to do with the fact that we, as Christians, have been plucked out of this world.  We have been plucked from our sins by a Savior who loves us and cares for us.  So it makes me think about the verse that says “If God is for us, who can be against us”.  Then I thought if He has done that for me, and He has, then doesn’t He deserve for me to show and live perseverance.  I need to continue in His course of action (in my life), in spite of the difficulties and oppositions that oppose me and oppose Him.  So I have no need, or even right, to waver or to be a hearer without being a doer.  We know that.  But like the man looking in the mirror we turn away time and time again.

E – Today’s prayer focus:  Ask that God will give you the ability to persevere for Him.

F – Encouragement and closing thoughts:  All it takes is a step in the right direction.  Take that step today.  Facing difficulties?  Ask God to show you His way through it.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home