Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Day 17

Day 17 – Thursday May 10th

A – Today's reading of the day is James Chapter 2 (NLT for this time.)

Focal verse today is James 2:14 "What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?"

Review verses 4 "doesn't this discrimination show that your judgments are guided by evil motives?" 8 "Yes indeed, it is good when you obey the royal law as found in the Scriptures: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 20 "How foolish! Can't you see that faith without good deeds is useless?"
           
B – RHEMA Strike Verse of the day: Micah 6:8 "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"    (Knowledge/Blue)

C – Excerpt from "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge:
"Most of us have been misinterpreting life and what God is doing for a long time.  "I think I'm just trying to get God to make my life work easier," a client of mine confessed, but he could have been speaking for most of us.  We're asking the wrong questions.  Most of us are asking, "God, why did you let this happen to me?" or, "God, why won't you just... (fill in the blank..)... God requires a new set of questions; What are you trying to teach me here?  What issues in my heart are you trying to raise through this?  What is it you want me to see?  What are you asking me to let go of?"

D – Today's input:  It isn't always easy to do the right thing.  But it is the right thing and isn't that worth it?  God is always worth the extra we put in to the things we do.  Take that extra measure to overcome the easy and embrace what is good.  If you put 110% into something, isn't it worth the return?  If you put 75% into something, then don't expect a full portion in life.  Pour yourself into God's plan completely and then and only then you will be complete. Complete sacrifice = complete satisfaction.

E – Today's prayer focus: Father, I have not always done what is right. I want that to change right now.  Help me to sacrifice the easy to obtain what is right.  Let me have faith that changes my actions and proves that I'm yours completely.

F – Encouragement and closing thoughts: Look for someone today and do something good that isn't expected.
 

Click here for the main "With Wings" page.

Click here to visit the page with all 30 days of prep linked.

Click here to visit Prep Days 1 thru 10.

Click here to visit Prep Days 11 thru 20.

Click here to visit Prep Days 21 thru 30.

Click here to visit the link page for the "Rhema Strike Verse" pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home