Sunday, May 07, 2006

Day 14

Day 14 – Monday May 7th

A – Today's reading of the day is James Chapter 4 (MSG for me)
           
Focal verse today is James 4:6 "And what he gives in love is far better than anything else you'll find. It's common knowledge that "God goes against the willful proud; God gives grace to the willing humble. "
           
Review of the day: Verse 4 "You're cheating on God. If all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and his way."  Verses 7b-8a "Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time."

B – RHEMA Strike Verse of the day: Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me."      (Vision/Red)

C – Excerpt from "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge:
"Guys are unanimously embarrassed by their emptiness and woundedness; it is for most of us a tremendous source of shame, as I've said.  But it need not be.  From the very beginning, back before the Fall and the assault, ours was meant to be desperately dependent existence.  It's like a tree and its branches, explains Christ.  You are the branches, I am the trunk.  From me you draw your life, that's how it was meant to be.  In fact, he goes on to say, "Apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).  He's not berating us or mocking us or even saying it with a sigh, all the while thinking, I wish they'd pull it together and stop needing me so much.  Not at all.  We are made to depend on God; we are made for unison with him and nothing about us works right without it.  As C.S. Lewis wrote, "A car is made to run on gasoline, and it would not run properly on anything else.  Now God designed the human machine to run on himself.  He himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on.  There is no other."

D – Today's input: Get with God.  Completely forget about yourself and completely forget about you doing it yourself.  Get with God.

E – Today's prayer focus: Release yourself to God.  Release your burdens, cares, and fears.

F – Encouragement and closing thoughts:  Draw nigh to God and God will draw nigh to you.

Click here for the main "With Wings" page.

Click here to visit the page with all 30 days of prep linked.

Click here to visit Prep Days 1 thru 10.

Click here to visit Prep Days 11 thru 20.

Click here to visit Prep Days 21 thru 30.

Click here to visit the link page for the "Rhema Strike Verse" pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home