Friday, May 05, 2006

Day 12

Day 12 – Saturday August 15th

A – Today’s reading of the day is James Chapter 2 (MSG for me)

Focal verse today is James 2:13 “For if you refuse to act kindly, you can hardly expect to be treated kindly. Kind mercy wins over harsh judgment every time.”

Review of the day: Verse 5 “Listen, dear friends. Isn’t it clear by now that God operates quite differently? He chose the world’s down-and-out as the kingdom’s first citizens, with full rights and privileges. This kingdom is promised to anyone who loves God.” Verse 8 “You do well when you complete the Royal Rule of the Scriptures: “Love others as you love yourself.” Verse 10 “You can’t pick and choose in these things, specializing in keeping one or two things in God’s law and ignoring others.” Verses 25 “The same with Rahab. Wasn’t her action in hiding God’s spies and helping them escape—that seamless unity of believing and doing—what counted with God?”

B – RHEMA Strike Verse of the day: James 1:12 “Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” (Perseverance/Gold)

C – Excerpt from “Wild at Heart” by John Eldridge:
“Dave runs into Bob in the church lobby. Both are wearing their happy faces, though neither is happy at all. “Hey, Bob, how are ya?” Bob is actually furious at his wife and ready to leave her, but he says, “Great, just great, Dave. The Lord is good!” Dave, on the other hand, hasn’t believed in the goodness of God for years, ever since his daughter was killed. “Yep – God is good, all the time. I’m just so glad to be here, praising the Lord.” “Me too. Well, I’ll be praying for you!” I would love to see a tally of the number of prayers actually prayed against the number of prayers promised. I bet its about one in a thousand. “And I’ll be praying for you too. Well, gotta go! You take care.” “Take care” is our way of saying, “I’m done with this conversation and I want to get out of here but I don’t want to appear rude so I’ll say something that sounds meaningful and caring,” but in truth, Dave doesn’t give a rip about Bob.”

D – Today’s input: What do you really think about those people you pass along the way? If you even think anything about them. If you are like me, I’ll admit, I have to say that I don’t look at everyone the same way Jesus would look at them and I have a long way to go to get there. I think it would be good for us all to try and be kind to everyone even if we don’t want to.

E – Today’s prayer focus: When you tell someone you will pray for them, pray for them!

F – Encouragement and closing thoughts: Remember that today you are being prayed for and if you take a look at the list of names this has been sent to, you too can be praying for others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home