Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day 9

Day 9 – Wednesday August 12th

A – Today’s reading of the day is James Chapter 4 (NIV for me)

Focal verse today is James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”

B – RHEMA Strike Verse of the day: James 1:12 “Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” (Perseverance/Gold)

C – Excerpt from “Wild at Heart” by John Eldridge:
“Why have I said all this about our search for validation and the answer to our question? Because we cannot hear the real answer until we see we’ve got a false one. So long as we chase the illusion, how can we face reality? The hunger is there; it lives in our souls like a famished craving, no matter what we’ve tried to fill it with.”

D – Today’s input:
On me knees before you oh my Lord.
My tears up to you I lift.
My tears of sorrow, joy, happiness, and pain.
For this is my entire gift.

I do this not for me, but for you my Lord.
To you all I do give.
To you my life, time, family, and friends.
For only you I must live.

Who or what is higher than you my Lord?
No one can even dare.
No one is as big, strong, loving, and caring.
For this is what I must share.

Nothing will come before you my Lord.
You are the first and last.
You are Father, Savior, Teacher, and Friend.
That wipes the sin of past.

E – Today’s prayer focus: Ask and tell God to be first in your life. Ask Him to show you what you need to let go of so that you can grasp Him.

F – Encouragement and closing thoughts: We have three weeks of preparation left. Maybe the excitement is starting to dim some. Maybe you are starting to think that the prep is getting boring and that you don’t want to put much thought and time into it. WAKE UP! You are three weeks away from what can be one of the biggest events of your life and the more you put into it the more you will get out of it. Focus on Him and what He has for you!


Click here for the main "With Wings" page.

Click here to visit the page with all 30 days of prep linked.

Click here to visit Prep Days 1 thru 10.

Click here to visit Prep Days 11 thru 20.

Click here to visit Prep Days 21 thru 30.

Click here to visit the link page for the "Rhema Strike Verse" pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home