Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day 16

Day 16 – Wednesday May 9th

A – Today's reading of the day is James Chapter 1 (Day 16 starts our 4th time through James. I will be using the New Living Translation (NLT) this time around.)

Focal verse today is James: 1:3 "For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow."

Review of the day: Verses "12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 14 Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. 22 But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves."

B – RHEMA Strike Verse of the day: Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me."      (Vision/Red)

C – Excerpt from "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge:
"But for many, many men their souls still hang in the balance because no one, no one has ever invited them to be dangerous, to know their own strength, to discover that they have what it takes.  "I feel there is this stormy ocean with me, and I keep trying to make those waters calm and placid," confessed a young friend in his early twenties.  "I would love to be dangerous," he said, sighing.  "You mean ... it's possible?  I feel like I have to ask permission."  Why on earth would a young man have to ask permission to be a man?"

D – Today's input:  Can you see what God has given you?  Can you see what God wants you to do?  I can guarantee that it doesn't have anything to do with how well off you are or what you've been able to do with your things.  What we have can fade, go away.  Use the things that God has given you, not for your good or desire but, for his good and glory.  If you don't he may just take it away and/or give it to someone else.  Also be happy, satisfied with what he has given you.  The key is to remember it is his anyway.  The sooner and better you treat it that way, the better it and you will be.

E – Today's prayer focus: Ask God to show you what he has given you and ask God to give you the ability/desire to use it for him.  This could include possession, gifts/abilities, friends, and even family.

F  – Encouragement and closing thoughts:   Do what is right and if you stumble, turn to him and let him pick you up.
Click here for the main "With Wings" page.
Click here to visit the page with all 30 days of prep linked.
Click here to visit Prep Days 1 thru 10.
Click here to visit Prep Days 11 thru 20.
Click here to visit Prep Days 21 thru 30.
Click here to visit the link page for the "Rhema Strike Verse" pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home